Who We Are
Fighting Climate Change with Autonomous Upwelling
Ocean-Based Climate Solutions, Inc. is an environmental technology development company, a spinoff of its parent company, Atmocean, Inc., founded in 2005. We use sustainable ocean wave energy as the energy source for autonomous upwelling (also known as artificial upwelling) and achieve a nature-based solution to climate change. A few highlights of our accomplishments:
- Conducted more than 100 days of ocean tests in Texas, California, Oregon, Hawaii, Bermuda, Peru, and Newfoundland.
- Performed 6 weeks of wave tank tests at Plymouth University (UK) and Texas A&M.
- Received nine grants for technical evaluation from Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories.
- Received three grants from Oregon Wave Energy Trust and the UK Technology Strategy Board.
- RFP from Microsoft 2020 & RFP from Stripe 2020 & 2021.
History of our Development
Philip Kithil, Founder and CEO of Ocean-based Climate Solutions, narrates the history of the development of the Autonomous Upwelling Pumps.
Were on a mission to restore our climate and our oceans.
Our company provides and deploys autonomous upwelling pumps for world governments and public corporations to meet their aggressive CO2 removal goals. Our wave-powered technology upwells cold nutrient-rich seawater to trigger phytoplankton growth, which absorbs CO2, cools ocean surfaces, restores local aquatic ecosystems, and provides jobs in port cities around the world. We’re on a mission to reverse climate change and restore our oceans.